Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Trophy Room ... Den ... Man Cave

There are many names that people use to describe the area that contains their personal collection of mounts or photos, but all are synonymous with a trip down memory lane.  Many a time I find myself sitting in my recliner glancing over the fur, fins, feathers and antlers that I have accumulated in my short, modest outdoor career and a smile will cross my face as I recall the feel of the rod flexing in my hands as that fish takes off, or recall the first glimpse of an antler as the deer emerged through the grass.  This appreciation for photos and “trophies” has always slightly  intrigued me, but as I age I appreciate the memories of these adventures more and more.  Taxidermy has a special place in my heart and I really enjoy having mounts to recall those memories, many would rather have a picture, but either way I would encourage you to capture that moment somehow so in the future you have the opportunity to relive it.  I just picked up a couple of my mounts from the taxidermist this week and decided I would post some pictures of my “den” the term I most commonly use to share with everyone.  I have a couple more still there and I will post them as I get them.  Feel free to send along pictures of your room to hustonswildlife@yahoo.com and if I get any responses I will post them for others to enjoy as well.
I took the pictures as I was walking into the room and then worked around in clockwise rotation, so without further adieu here are the pictures of my den:
 

Heading Downstairs

Base of the Stairs Looking In

New Addition - 2011 Buck

43 Pound Rusty Colored Coyote
A Beautiful Buck Inherited from my wife's Grandfather

Camo Recliner - Complete with Beaver Pelt

Handmade Coffee table from Allagash, ME

Pine Marten and Small 8-Pointer

Bobcat Wallhanger
"Busy" Shelves - Lots Going On Here!

Gray Fox

First Moose

3.5 Pound Brookie
The Woodstove Collection

Muskie, Moose Antlers and Fisher

2 comments:

  1. At the old house I had a pokey little gun room - that's what I called it as none of the other names have really caught on down here! A few of my friends call it the museum... In the new place the gun room will be 20 x 20 feet with 14ft high ceilings. Should be great but with a load of trophies I think it's rather full already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DaggaBoy, Thanks for stopping by! That is a new name for me but kind of catchy. I bet the new room will be awe-inspiring! Judging by some of your trophies I bet it will be awesome. No matter how big you build it, it never is big enough!

    ReplyDelete