Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy (Much Belated) Thanksgiving

First off I just wanted to apologize for my lack of blog updates lately, and if there are any readers left out there thanks for your patience!

The day before Thanksgiving, I went on an expedition to harvest a turkey for the Thanksgiving day meal.  I have a couple pictures of the 25lb. tom below.  He was a truly huge bird, as I discovered when I picked him up!


A 25 lb. Tom Turkey

Now for all of you saying this is crazy, he couldn't shoot a 25lb. turkey, nor can you even hunt turkeys in Northern Maine, I have to tell the whole story.  This was a bronze back turkey, raised by Matt and Shelly Deprey.  They were generous enough to humor me and let me have my "hunting expedition" in their backyard!  Thanks Matt and Shelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment