Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Absence ... Firewood

I apologize for my absence recently, I have been gathering firewood to keep our house warm this winter.  In true Maine tradition, our primary heat source in the winter is firewood.  I have recently replaced my classic wood stove for a more efficient boiler and while the efficiency is hard to argue, the feel of the old wood stove radiating that dry heat that can only be achieved with wood heat will be missed.




I haven't completely given up the recreational pursuits and I have been down casting on the Fish River, as well as planning a waterfowl hunt.  Also I have a couple of hunting stories coming up, let's just say trapping a black bear over 500 pounds and a trophy Maine moose are coming soon!


P.S. This blog also had it's one year anniversary last Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment