Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cast and Blast!

Wow, does time fly by!  I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted.  I apologize and I want to thank everyone for their patience.  

The firewood is cut and piled in the basement!

Ok, on to something more interesting.  Tim Cyr and I headed out onto the St. John River for a little cast and blast action and Tim managed to cash in on both the cast and blast options.  He downed his first duck of the year which was a beautiful merganser.  Despite popular opinion about the edibility of a merganser, we took some fillets off and John Cole cooked them up for us.  The flavor was not entirely unenjoyable.  The closest likeness I could describe is a moose steak dipped in fish oil and partially rinsed off.  Then to top it off he hooked his personal best muskie a beautiful fish that was 39+".  I apologize for the poor quality photos, but someone forgot the SD cards! (That would be me of course!)




Stay tuned for lots of hunting action coming up!  A little sneak peak of the next stories...



2 comments:

  1. Never a good thing! The memories last on, but hard to share those memories without a SD card. A picture is worth a 1000 words and when you write as poorly as I do, it might be worth a million!

    ReplyDelete