Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Chippewa Boots

So I am writing this post quite late and for that I do apologize to Chippewa Boots and the Outdoor Blogger Network.  The delinquency of this post should not reflect poorly on either of them.  Quite to the contrary, both are exemplary in their business.  Ok, now to the review.

Thanks to the Outdoor Blogger Network and the company Chippewa Boots, I was offered up a pair of 6″ BAY CRAZY HORSE WATERPROOF BOOTS to try out and let everyone know what I thought about them.  The benefit to the delay of me writing this review is the added time I have had to put these boots through their paces. (Pun intended!)  To put it short and sweet, these boots are phenomenal!  When I first pulled the boots out of their box, I was awestruck by the beauty and workmanship.  The well oiled leather almost reflected and the stitching was neat and rugged.  To top it off, my chest puffed with pride as I noticed the small metal American flag on the laces to signify the wonderful fact that they are Made in America!

 When I first put these boots on, the support and comfort was all anyone could ask for.  I will be honest, it took a little time to get used to the height as they were the 6" boot and I have traditionally always wore 8" boots, but once I grew accustomed to the lower height, I actually started to appreciate it.  In my professional job, I have a varied work environment, with an office meeting in the morning followed by a lunchtime tour in the woods and an afternoon back in the office on a computer or maybe a morning flight in a helicopter followed by an afternoon of snowshoeing.  I often change footwear multiple times, but these boots do it all.  The finish on these boots can blend in with the best of them in the conference room and then protect your feet as you cross a shallow stream, with just enough insulation to keep you comfortable.

The waterproofing on these boots has held up extremely well as has everything else about these boots.  Another major concern I have with boots is the sole and how much traction they provide.  The Vibram sole certainly has not disappointed and I could highly recommend these to anyone.

In summary I would not hesitate to run out and get another pair of these, but 10 months and counting, these boots are still going strong, so it will probably still be a little while before I need another pair.  I have no fear though as Chippewa has been around since 1901, so I am sure they will be around when I am ready for my next pair.  If you are in need of a pair of boots, be sure to check them out!








No comments:

Post a Comment