Monday, September 26, 2011

Background

I wanted to give everyone an idea of what the objective for this blog will be.  I want this to be a place where I can share with everyone all the hunting, fishing or trapping adventures that either myself or one of my friends partake in.  I will try to include pictures of these outings whenever possible, because as they say, “A picture is worth a thousand words."  I live in Fort Kent, ME, and grew up only an hour south of my current location in the agricultural area of Woodland.  From the time I could walk, I was always begging to tag along on the hunting and fishing adventures of my father and grandfather.  My dad took me hunting, and from a very early age worked to instill the code of ethics that go along with being a good hunter, and it is a code that I try to live by all of the time.  My grandfather was a diehard fisherman, and was patient enough to take me out on a regular basis.  I often joke that I cut my teeth on the gunnels of an Old Town XL Tripper.  So, both hunting and fishing were in my blood right from the start, and as I got older, I started going trapping with my uncle.  It didn’t take long before I was hooked on that as well!  Since then, I have spent every chance I get doing something related to one of those activities, and I continue enjoying them whenever possible.  I wanted to pursue a career that allowed me to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible, so I went to school to be a forester.  Demands of my job don’t allow me to be outdoors much during the week anymore, but that just means my drive to be outside on the weekends is even greater which is when I will gather my exciting stories to share.  So that is an explanation of why I call myself both a ridge runner and a river rat!  Stay tuned as I share stories and pictures, so that you don’t have to just take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment