Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fish, Fish and More Fish!

The last month has been a whirlwind.  I have fished all kinds of water bodies from the smallest brook to the Atlantic Ocean as you saw in my last post.  After logging many hours, I am fortunate to say I caught lots of fish!  I will try to bring everyone up to speed in sequential order from the first trip since I last posted right up until my trip today.  It will be in stages throughout the next week, so check back often.  I will also have video capabilities back on Monday so I can get everything posted!

As the raging St. John river started to recede to a more seasonal level, Brent and I wasted no time in launching the canoe out into the current.  We hadn't fished for long, before I felt the line tighten with the unmistakable head shake of a fish.  As the smallmouth began it's acrobatic display, Brent tightened his line with a start and he had a battle as well.  Quickly measuring the fish and releasing them to prowl the depths again, we continued on our quest for these voracious fighters.  As we worked the water, it was fish after fish, for several hours of non-stop fish catching fun.  It was one of those days that we all wait for.  We tallied up 12 bass over 13 inches, with the largest being just over 18". 



No comments:

Post a Comment