Monday, December 25, 2017

2017 Goals

I had high hopes and expectations for the calendar year of 2017!  I challenged myself with 4 goals knowing full well that if I could fulfill any one of the four I could chalk the year up as a success.  The goals I had for 2017 were:

1. Shoot a Tom Turkey (I was fortunate enough to harvest my first turkey with a jake in 2015, but was still waiting on a big old long beard)

2.  Catch a Muskie over 20 pounds ( Kind of my self imposed "trophy" size fish)

3.  Trap a Bear over 200 pounds (Trapping a bear has been on my bucket list for a long time and after a couple of unsuccessful seasons I wanted to close the deal, but added the 200 number to insure I was still after a good bear)

4.  Shoot a Buck over 200 pounds ( The legendary "Big Buck" club had thus far eluded me)

*Spoiler Alert*

I was successful on three of the four!!!  Stay tuned to see which ones were a home run and where I fell short!

No comments:

Post a Comment